Yes, horses can eat raisins!
Some horses owners are concerned about feeding their horses raisins because they have been shown to be toxic to dogs and some other domestic animals, however this does not apply to horses. Raisins are perfectly acceptable treats for a horse so long as they are fed to them in quantities of less than 1-2 lbs.
In our opinion the main qualm with feeding horses raisins is that they don’t make very good treats! Because of their size horses will struggle to get all the raisins in their mouth and they can be a nuisance to try to your horse without making a mess! They can also be difficult to hand feed to horses as their small size means that horses might accidentally nip your fingers too!
With that said if you have a bag of raisins with your lunch and feel like giving a few of them to your horse as a treat there is absolutely nothing getting in your way.
Got any stories about feeding raisins to your horse? Let us know in the comments below!